Tax Credit Benefits White Mountain Veterans Transition Assistance
We Need You!
Arizona Qualified Charitable Organizations Tax Credit Program (AZQCO)
Walking Down Ranch (WDR) has assisted more than 650 veterans since 2014, and is state approved to receive and utilize donations under the AZ Qualified Charitable Organization. With these funds WDR provides transitional housing, food, clothing, medical transportation, and other services to assist veterans.
This tax credit donation is a WIN-WIN for any Arizona taxpayer. Receive a tax credit AND help Arizona veterans
The communities of the White Mountains are arguably some of the most generous in our great country. At Walking Down Ranch, we realize our success is a community success! Veterans Village-Lakeside will be a model for how a community can turn a vacant property into a thriving environment where veterans can transition into a new chapter in their lives, but the truth is, we can’t make this dream become a reality without the help of the talented members of our business community.
We are seeking people who are willing to donate a few hours of their time each month to provide legal consultation, medical screening, counseling services, haircuts, dental services, financial advice, building materials, clothing, and of course, the generous financial donations that will help ensure Veterans Village-Lakeside remains a viable transitional-housing option for those who have given so much to preserve our freedom.
If you would like to volunteer your time, treasure, or talent please click here to contact Walking Down Ranch.
To make a quick easy online donation click the donate button. Your receipt will be emailed to you promptly.
Walking Down Ranch, Inc.
1638 West White Mountain Blvd.
Lakeside, Arizona 85929
An Arizona 501(c)(3) Charitable Nonprofit
To my fellow White Mountain Veterans, Families, and Friends:
I am Margaret Heath, executive director of Walking Down Ranch, Inc-Veterans Village Lakeside. As we head into the final months of 2021, I would like to thank our community for its generous support this past year. In troubled and often contentious times, you have shown what community support can accomplish.
As we approach 2022, I ask for your continued support for our Veterans of the White Mountain and Walking Down Ranch. Arizona has a series of tax credits that enable citizens to contribute to a qualified tax-exempt nonprofit of their choice. The allowance is $400 per person or $800 per couple. Please consider a local cause, so you know your tax dollars are helping our community, your neighbors.
Every dollar you contribute reduces your taxable income and appears as a credit on your state income tax. In most cases, this means the contribution does not cost you anything — you are simply redirecting otherwise payable taxes. For more information, visit https://azdor.gov/tax-credits/contributions-qcos-and-qfcos
Please take time to consider this excellent opportunity to keep tax refunds in our community, whether to veterans’ welfare or some other cause aligned with your priorities. Consider sharing this letter if you agree this is a valuable way to support the White Mountain area. Read or distribute it at your church or other local gatherings and businesses. Share it with family members, mention it to your friends.
Our local nonprofits appreciate every dollar of your support — whether you choose our veterans’ organization or another qualifying nonprofit.
Click the donate button on this page to give to Walking Down Ranch online or mail your donation to:
Walking Down Ranch
P.O. Box 804
Concho, AZ 85924
Thank you for your consideration and support of our community.
Walking Down Ranch
Veterans Village Lakeside
So Many Ways to Help
We have several ways you can help us with this worthwhile cause: drop your spare coins and cash into a local donation box, sponsor a Veterans Village cabin, join our 575 Club, volunteer, or come by and shop at our Veterans Village Thrift Store.
If you wish, you may make contributions to the 575 Club by cash, stock, or bond deposits at Edward Jones in Pinetop. If you have questions, please speak with Chris.
For Cabin Sponsorships, you may donate by check to
Walking Down Ranch
P.O. Box 804
Concho, AZ 85924
Your kindness and generosity are most appreciated and your donation is tax deductible.
So Many Things We Need
- Log chinking to repair 21 cabins
- 6 exterior doors
- 10 dead bolt locksets
- 19 awnings for cabin entrances
- 21 4 ft. concrete stoops
- 40 2’×2′ double-paned windows
- 40 3’×4′ double-paned windows
- 4- 6’×8′ double-paned windows
- 2 Roofs: 500 sq. ft.
- 1 Roof: 1600 sq. ft.
- 1 Roof: 1800 sq. ft.
- 2×4, 2×6, 1×2, 1×4, 1×6 lumber
- Exterior siding
- 6 Storage sheds
- Gravel or stone for parking and driveway
- 6 ¾” water main shut-off valves
- 20 exterior doormats
- Ceiling repair of water leaks in Thrift Store
- Fireplace repairs, chimney, screen replacement, and cleaning
- Exterior log repairs on 19 cabins: stain/seal and log-rot patch material
- Exterior repairs on Thrift Shop: front, sides and back stucco/siding, window trim, and paint
- Structure repair to roof, ceiling, and foundation of office building
- 1 Gas-powered lawn mower
- 1 Tractor or snowplow
- Exercise equipment
- 17 $3000 Cabin Sponsors for 2018 to help with utility cost and continued plumbing repairs
- 575 Club Members donating $1000 each for purchase of property
Donations of land, stock, bonds, monetary funds, or vehicles gladly accepted.
- Insulation for ceilings of 19 cabins: 500 sq. ft. of 2-inch ridged foam sheeting each
- Floor covering for 19 – 460 sq. ft. cabins plus one loft
- Floor covering for 1600 sq. ft. Thrift Store
Appliances & Fixtures:
- 15 Apartment-sized gas stoves
- 21 On-demand water heaters to replace existing as needed
- 5 Gas water heaters
- 4 Molded shower stalls
- 4 Sets of shower fixtures
- 3 Free-standing bathroom sinks
- 1 Bathroom toilet
- 1 Ship or spiral staircase
- 4 Washers
- 4 Gas-powered dryers
- 16 CO2/fire alarms, hard-wired
- 19 Fire extinguishers
- 19 Ceiling fans
- 19 Cookware sets
- 17 Dish sets
- 17 Glassware sets
- 14 Toasters
- 16 Silverware and cooking utensils sets
- 15 Apartment-sized tables and chairs
- 17 Canister sets
- 17 10” cast iron fry pans
- 17 14” cast iron fry pans
- 12 Coffee makers
- 16 Dish drainers and trayS
- 16 Baking pans sets
- 16 Scrubber, towels, and pot holders sets
- 19 Crockpots
- 17 Aluminum bath & kitchen trash can sets
- 16 Broom, mop, dustpan, and pail sets
- 16 Towels, rugs, and shower curtain with liner sets
- 16 Trash cans
- 15 End tables
- 16 Dressers
- 14 Nightstands
- 15 Bedroom lamps
- 14 Queen-size linens, comforter, pillows, rug, and blanket sets
- 6 Twin-size linens, comforter, pillow, and rug sets
- 2 Bunk beds with linens, comforter, and pillow sets
- 14 Clocks
- 17 Laundry baskets
- 19 Pole lamps
- 17 Door rugs
- 68 Curtain sets (63″) with 32 matching valances
- 15 Sofa bed love seats
- 19 Flat-screen televisions
- 19 DVD players
- 8 computers
- 2 color printers
- Cleaning and paper supplies
- Furniture polish, glass cleaner, dish detergent, pine-scented cleaner, toilet cleaner, shower cleaner, paper towels, toilet paper
- Canned and dry foods
No donation is too small all donations are greatly appreciated!